Follow these steps to add a disclaimer to your brand’s Portal:
- Log into the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, click on Brands. A list of brands will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired Brand and click the Edit button. The settings for the brand will load in the content pane. (Alternatively you can double click on the Brand name.)
- Click on the Portal Options tab.
- To modify the background and text colors of the disclaimer box, adjust the options for Cookie Modal Primary Color and Cookie Modal Secondary Color. (Cookie Modal Primary Color is used for the background color of the box and the text color of the “Accept” button. Cookie Modal Secondary Color is used for the background color of the “Accept” button and the text color of the disclaimer box.)
- Click Save.
When a visitor navigates to your Portal, they will be prompted to accept your disclaimer. The disclaimer message will remain at the bottom left corner of each page of the Portal until it has been accepted. The visitor’s acceptance of the disclaimer is stored in a browser cookie, and the visitor will be prompted to accept the disclaimer again if:
- The visitor accesses your portal in a different browser
- The visitor clears their browser cookies
- It’s been 1 year since the disclaimer was accepted.
- An Administrator modify's the brand's disclaimer message.