SmarterMail's default installation includes several security measures and antivirus protections that help prevent the mail server from being compromised, including support for command-line antivirus. Administrators can integrate SmarterMail with third-party antivirus programs via a command-line execution. This can be an efficient solution for high-volume mail environments by reducing the burden on the mail server itself.
Follow these steps to enable a command-line antivirus solution in SmarterMail:
- Log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click on Antivirus in the navigation pane.
- On the Command-Line Antivirus card, enable command-line AV.
- Enter the executable for the antivirus program. For example, if you'd like to integrate with ESET Endpoint Antivirus, you might enter something like below. NOTE: %FILEPATH will be replaced with the path to the file to be scanned.
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Antivirus\ecls.exe /base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Antivirus" /aind /arch //sfx /adware /clean-mode=Delete %FILEPATH
- Click Save.
Once a message comes into the SmarterMail spool, it will then be scanned for viruses using the command-line antivirus and any built in antivirus measures that have been enabled in SmarterMail. If the command-line scanner picks up a virus, it will be up to the command-line antivirus program to delete\quarantine the message according to the application's configuration.