Applies to SmarterTrack 9.x - 13.x
- Install a version of SmarterTrack that EXACTLY matches the version of your hosted SmarterTrack site. The majority of the time the most recent version of SmarterTrack available for download will match what is available on for hosted help desks. (System requirements for installing SmarterTrack can be found in our Help documentation). NOTE: Hosted SmarterTrack uses a Microsoft SQL back end, so you will need to install and utilize Microsoft SQL for your self-installed version of SmarterTrack.
- Once you have SmarterTrack installed, submit a ticket to Hosted SmarterTrack support and ask them to make a backup of your SmarterTrack database and place it somewhere for you to download. (Database backups are provided as a .bak file).
- Once the backup is made, it will be placed in a FTP location and credentials will be sent to you so that you can download the backup.
- Once you have downloaded the backup, you simply need to attach the backup of your database to your self-hosted SmarterTrack SQL database.
- From there, all users, agents, KB articles, tickets and more will be ready and available for you to use in your own installation.
- When you're ready to go live, you'll want to make sure any necessary DNS changes are made to point your support/help URL to your new installation. Then go ahead and cancel your Hosted SmarterTrack subscription.
- And that's it. You should be ready to go with your own installation of SmarterTrack!
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.