SmarterTrack uses host headers to identify which brand is displayed in the portal. In general, a host header allows users to access different brands by inputting in a name instead of an IP address. If you wish to use SmarterTrack's branding feature, you must set up a host header for each branded site.
First, configure "CNAME" records on the DNS server to associate your hosted SmarterTrack sites URL (site.smartertrack.com for example). One "CNAME" record is required for each URL that will be served by SmarterTrack. For example, support.domain1.com, support.domain2.com, etc.
To set a host header value for Hosted SmarterTrack follow the steps below:
- Log into your account at the SmarterTools website.
- Click on Hosted Services.
- Find the appropriate site URL and click Manage Domains.
- Add the host header in Custom Domain Names box.
- Click Save.
To add a host header for a brand within SmarterTrack, follow these steps:
- Log in to SmarterTrack as a system administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the System Settings and Organization folders in the navigation pane.
- Click Brands. A list of available brands will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired brand and click Edit.
- In the options tab, type the host header(s) in the field.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Host headers cannot be edited for the default brand.
For more information, please refer to the Brands page of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.