A favicon is an icon that is associated with a URL and displayed in a browser’s address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list. SmarterTrack's default favicon displays the SmarterTrack avatar. However, administrators can upload a custom favicon for each brand's Portal to allow more flexibility with branding.
NOTE: Both Administrators using Hosted SmarterTrack and Administrators with self-licensed installations of SmarterTrack can upload custom favicons for the management interface and brand(s).
Follow these steps to upload a custom favicon for a brand's Portal:
- Log into the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, click Brands. A list of your Brands will display in the content pane.
- Select a Brand, then click the Edit button. (Alternatively, you can double-click the Brand name.)
- On the Options tab, you'll find a setting for Company Favicon. Use the Choose File button to upload an ICO file. (Favicons must be uploaded in .ico format. Recommended sizes for a favicon are 32x32, 64x64 or 128x128 pixels.)
- Click the Save button.
- Navigate to the brand's Portal or refresh the Portal site to see the new favicon. (In some browsers, refreshing the Portal 2-3 times may be required before the browser will pull in the new favicon data.)
If multiple brands are configured, the favicon of the Default Brand will be displayed when viewing the Management Interface. Revert to the default SmarterTrack favicon at any time by removing the custom upload.