This article applies to all versions of SmarterTrack.
Active versus Inactive Groups for Agents is different than Agent availability. Put simply, an Agent going Unavailable only impacts their ability to receive new live chats. Availability does not affect ticket distribution. However, an Agent going Active or Inactive impacts their ability to participate in ticket, live chat and VoIP operations for specific Groups.
In addition, an Agent can go Active or Inactive in Groups on their own, or a Manager or System Administrator can make an Agent Active or Inactive. Agents change their own availability.
As an Agent, follow these steps to go Active or Inactive in a Group:
- Log in to SmarterTrack using your Agent credentials.
- Generally, when an Agent logs in the Active Groups modal will automatically display. NOTE: The Active Groups modal can also be accessed at any time by clicking the Availability menu (the agent avatar image or monogram in the upper, right corner of the Management Interface) and selecting Active Groups from the dropdown menu.
- Find the Live Chat column. If live chats are enabled for a Group, this column will have a checkbox available. Otherwise, "N/A" will be displayed. In order to start receiving chats for a particular Group, check the appropriate checkbox next to the Group's name. To stop receiving chats for a particular Group, uncheck the appropriate live chats checkbox.
- Find the Tickets column. If tickets are enabled for a Group, this column will have a checkbox available. Otherwise, "N/A" will be displayed. To start receiving tickets for a particular Group, check the appropriate checkbox next to the Group's name. To stop receiving tickets for a particular Group, uncheck the appropriate tickets checkbox.
- Follow these same steps for the VOIP column. (NOTE: VoIP operations require the integration of the SmarterTrack Communicator.)
- Click OK.
As a Manager or System Administrator, you can make an Agent Active or Inactive as needed. For example, if your Agents don't log out of SmarterTrack at the end of a shift, but and Agent calls in sick, you can make that Agent Inactive in all of their Groups so that they don't receive any new tickets. To modify an Agent's Active Groups, do the following:
- Log in to SmarterTrack using your Manager or System Admin credentials.
- Click the Dashboard icon in the upper, right corner of the Management Interface.
- Select User Dashboard from the dropdown menu.
- Find the Agent's name in the list of Users. Select the Agent and click the Edit button. The Active Groups modal opens for that Agent. (Alternatively, you can double click on the Agent's name to open the Active Groups modal.)
- To remove the Agent from their Active Groups, you can uncheck the boxes next to each Group name for that Agent in the Live Chats, Tickets and VOIP columns. Alternatively, you can simply check, then uncheck the box next to each column name to remove the Agent from all of their Groups.
- To make an Agent Active in a particular Group, simply check the box next to the Group name. (Again, to make an Agent Active in all Groups, check the box next to the column name(s).)
- Click OK.