At times, an System Administrator may wish to embed pieces of the customer facing Portal (e.g., KB articles, News items, etc) within a third-party site. Or, they may be asked to work with a marketing team or website team to do the same. This is an advanced feature that has security considerations and requires extensive HTML knowledge. Though not recommended, this can be accomplished in all versions of SmarterTrack.
Follow the steps below to allow SmarterTrack to be embedded within a third-party site:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click Security.
- Click on the Options tab and check the box next to Allow interface to be embedded in another site (not recommended).
- Click the Save button. Now the System Administrator or web team can use iFrames to embed sections of the Portal into another website.
NOTE: By default, SmarterTrack protects your site from click jacking, which is where a malicious site embeds a frame to your site, then watches the traffic in order to steal passwords or execute code. By enabling this feature and embedding SmarterTrack into a third-party site, you bypass that protection.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.