Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or information about product updates to subscribers.
NOTE: The mailing list feature must be enabled for the domain before creating a mailing list. For instructions on how to enable mailing lists, please refer to the KB article, Enable Mailing Lists for Domains.
Follow these steps to create a new mailing list:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the domain administrator.
- Click the Domain Settings icon.
- Click Mailing Lists in the navigation pane.
- On the Mailing Lists card, click the New button.
- Enter the list address and select the Moderator from your list of user accounts. (Keep in mind that the list address is what allowed posters will use to send an email posting to the mailing list. For example, if the list name is "MayPromotions", then allowed posters will enter "MayPromotions@domain.com" in the compose window's To address. This will send then an email to all subscribers of that list.)
- Click Save.
- Your new mailing list was created, but now you need to modify its settings and upload subscribers. So click on your new Mailing List's name.
- On the List Settings card, select the List To Address, List From Address, and List Reply To Address.
- In the Posting card, select the Allowed Posters. NOTE: Setting the Allowed Posters option to Anyone or Subscribers Only can cause spam issues. Generally, Anyone should never be used, and Subscribers Only should be used for digest mode.
- When you have completed all your settings changes, click Save.
For instructions on how to add subscribers to your new mailing list, please refer to the KB article Add Subscribers to a Mailing List.