When creating a news items, you may find it advantageous to utilize items like images or movie files to better relay the information you want through the news item. For example, you have a new product release: you'll want to really tout the product using images and maybe a product demo video in the item to fully express the advantages of the product you spent the time and money on to create. Therefor, we have designed our file manager to allow you to upload files to the server, and easily insert them into your SmarterTrack news items.
To upload and insert files, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to the management interface as an Agent, Manager or System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select News.
- To create a new News item, click the New button. The new News Items window opens.
- To upload a file, click the File Manager button in the toolbar at the top of the window.
- A new modal window will open. Select the destination folder you would like to upload to, and click the Upload button.
- From here, you can browse and select your file. Once you have selected your file, click Open.
- Once the file has been uploaded, you will see the file listed when the folder it was uploaded to is selected. Select the file and click Insert.
- You will be asked to fill out the following:
- Type - This is the type of file you are inserting. You can select the type from a drop down list.
- Height - This is the height you wish the image to be set to.*
- Width - This is the width you wish the image to be set to.*
- Alt Text - This is the text that will appear when the end user viewing this article hovers over the item.
- Description - This is a description of the file being inserted.
- Once these have been filled out, click Ok.
- You will see your item inserted into your news items.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.