The steps for upgrading from an older version of the application vary depending on which version you are upgrading from.
Follow these steps to upgrade to the latest version of SmarterStats if you are upgrading from a previous 11.x release. (For example, from SmarterStats 11.0 to SmarterStats 11.1):
- Back up your SmarterStats installation and data.
- Uninstall your current version of SmarterStats.
- Download the latest automated installer from the SmarterStats Download page.
- If you are running SmarterStats as an IIS site, stop IIS.
- Run the SmarterStats installer.
- During the installation process you will be prompted for the installation path. Installation along the existing file path to keep data and settings. (The default installation location is C:\Program Files\SmarterTools\SmarterStats.)
- If you are running SmarterStats as an IIS site, restart IIS.
Note: All configuration data and sites are preserved when upgrading from a previous 11.x release.
When downgrading from SmarterStats 11.x (for example, to SmarterStats 10.x or 9.x), some settings will be lost or changed. For this reason, it is very important to create a backup of your SmarterStats installation prior to upgrading to SmarterStats 11.x. For instructions on backing up SmarterStats, please refer to the knowledge base article, Back Up and Restore SmarterStats.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.