Mailing list are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. To prevent unauthorized post to the mailing list you can enable a password.
To enable password requirements for a mailing list follow the steps below.
- Login as the domain admin
- Click the Domain Settings icon.
- In the menu on the left, click Mailing Lists.
- Click the mailing list you'd like to apply a password to.
- On the Posting card, simply add a Password in the appropriate text field.
- Once added, be sure to click Save.
To send to the mailing list using a password, follow the steps below:
- In the To field enter the mailing list email address. For example, if the name of your mailing is is 'myPromo' and your domain is example.com, the mailing list address would be myPromo@example.com.
- In the subject filed input the password in the following format [:password:]. For example, if your password is “YMP344!” and the subject of your mailing list email is “February Promotions”, the subject line of the mailing list message including the password would be: [:YMP344!:] February Promotions
- Once the email is received by the mailing list, and as long as the password is correct, it will then be sent to all subscribers. If you've entered the incorrect password, your mailing list will reply letting you know this so that you can correct the problem and try again.