System administrators can set hard limits on how many messages can be sent from a domain. Once the limit is reached, SmarterMail will automatically take the action specified in the message throttling action.
- Log into SmarterMail as the system administrator.
- Click the Manage icon. Make sure Manage is also selected in the navigation pane.
- Select the desired domain from the content pane by clicking on its name. The domain's settings will load.
- Find the Priority and Throttling card.
- In the Outgoing Messages per Hour field, type the number of messages that can be sent from the domain within a one hour timeframe.
- In the Message Throttling Action field, select the appropriate action that SmarterMail should take when the outgoing messages limit is reached.
- Delay will simply hold outgoing messages until the timeframe resets.
- Reject will stop sending messages for the domain.
- Once your changes are made, click Save.