For various reasons, users may want to forward incoming messages to their SmarterMail account to another email address. Users can set up email forwarding to automatically send all incoming messages to a secondary account or they can manually forward a single message to a secondary account.
NOTE: If you don't see the Forwarding card for your account, check with your Domain Administrator to ensure forwarding is enabled for your account.
Forwarding All Incoming Messages
Follow these steps to set up automatically forward all incoming messages to another email account:
- Log in to SmarterMail as a user.
- Click the Settings icon.
- The Account settings will be displayed.
- Locate the Forwarding card.
- In the Forwarding Address field, type the email address you want messages to forward to. If forwarding to multiple email addresses, separate address with a comma.
- Select your Forwarding Method
- Normal simply forwards the message as-is, including any formatting.
- Text forwards the message as text-only, removing any and all formatting.
- Embed As Attachment sends a new message with the forwarded item as an attachment.
- If you want the messages deleted from your SmarterMail account once they have been forwarded, select the Delete messages when forward checkbox.
- Click Save.
Forwarding a Single Message
Follow these steps to forward a specific message from your SmarterMail account:
- Log in to SmarterMail.
- Click the Email icon.
- In the navigation pane, select the folder in which the message is saved. A list of messages will load in the content pane.
- Click the desired message in the content pane. The message will load in the preview pane.
- Click the down arrow next to the Reply button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Forward.. This will open a new message window that you will use to forward the message.
- In the To field, type the email address you want to forward the message to. If forwarding to multiple email addresses, separate address with a comma.
- Click Send.