To set up the web interface for SmarterMail so it can be accessed by the URL mail.yourdomain.com, perform the following steps:
- Set up a website in IIS for SmarterMail. For steps on how to do this, refer to the KB article Set Up SmarterMail as an IIS Site (IIS 7.0) or Set Up SmarterMail as an IIS Site (IIS 6.0).
- Set up your appropriate DNS records to direct visitors to the IIS site.
It is recommended that a dedicated IP (not used in any other site in IIS) is used for Webmail. If this is not the case, you will need to add host header entries to IIS for the site, one for each domain ie; mail.domain1.com, mail.domain2.com, etc.
To set a host header value in an existing IIS site, follow these steps:
- Open the IIS manager snapin and expand the websites folder.
- Right-click on the website and choose Properties.
- Click the Advanced button and click Add.
- Enter the IP, port and host header value and click OK.
- Click OK and then close the IIS manager snapin.