A system administrator may want to limit the amount of recipients per email to prevent a user from overloading the spool of the mail server. The maximum number of recipients is calculated across all fields: To:, Cc: and Bcc: In addition, Max Recipients can be set for all domains using Domain Defaults or managed on a domain-by-domain basis, as needed.
To configure the maximum number of recipients per email as a Domain Default, do the following:
- Click the Manage icon.
- Click the Actions (...) button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Domain Defaults.
- On the Limits card, find Recipients per Message. Type in a number to correspond to the maximum number of recipients a user can add to an outgoing message If you don't want to limit the number of recipients, type in 0.
- Click the Save button.
- Once you've modified this setting, you will want to propagate the change to all domains on the server.
- To do this, click the Propagation button.
- A modal window will open, where you can select the setting(s) you want to propagate.
- Once finished making your selection(s), click the Propagate button.
To modify settings for a single domain:
- Select the desired domain from the list of domains in the content pane.
- The domain's settings will open.
- Find the Limits card.
- In the Recipients per Message field, type in a number to correspond to the maximum number of recipients a user on that domain can add to an outgoing message If you don't want to limit the number of recipients, type in 0.
- Click Save.