For increased security, SmarterMail has the ability to restrict system-level access to a single IP or a range of IP addresses. This prevents unauthorized users from accessing system settings and configurations by only allowing system administrators to log in from the specified IP addresses.
Follow these steps to only allow system administrator login from specific IPs:
- Log in as the system administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Administrators in the navigation pane. A list of system administrators will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired system administrator.
- On the Options card, enable Restrict login access by IP.
- On the IP Restrictions card, click New Rule.
- Type the desired IP Address or IP Range for the selected admin. Be sure to Save your changes.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to add IP restrictions for other admins..