SmarterMail allows users to share their email folders, calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with other users, or user groups, on their domain. That said, a user may wish to organize resources they've mapped to for easier sorting and accessibility. For example, changing the name of a mapped calendar as well as changing that calendar's default color.
Each resource type is managed separately. That means that you manage each from its own area: Email, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks or Notes. For the sake of this KB article, we'll look at editing a mapped Calendar. However, the process for editing other mapped resources is essentially the same.
Follow these steps to rename or edit a mapped Calendar:
- Log in to SmarterMail as a user.
- Click on the Calendar icon.
- In the Resources area, find the calendar you wish to edit.
- Click on the Calendar's name to open its Settings modal.
- Here, you'll see a number of items: Display Name, Username, Access and Color. For shared calendars, only the Display Name and Color are editable, regardless of whether you have Full Control of the calendar or not.
- Make whatever change you want to the calendar.
- Once finished, click Save.