In the event that you receive an error when performing an advanced search, your first step should be to reindex the user(s) having the issue. To reindex a user, follow the instructions below. The instructions will use the example user "firstname.lastname@example.org." Please replace any reference of this user or domain with your own.
- Log in to SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- Click the Manage icon.
- Click on the desired Domain, and the domain settings will display.
- Click on the Manage button. Select a Domain Administrator and click the Impersonate button.
- Click on Domain Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Select the desired user. Their account settings will load. Click the Actions (...) button and click Reindex.
The user will then be reindexed. If you have multiple users reindexing at once or the users reindexing have large mailboxes, this can take some time to complete. You can monitor the indexing status in the system administrator panel by going to the Manage icon > Troubleshooting > Mailbox Indexing tab.