SmarterMail is a scalable business email, live chat and collaboration server that meets the needs of any sized business, from the sole proprietorship to an enterprise organization or service provider with thousands of domains and millions of users. Later versions require the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (4.0 for 13.x and earlier) in order to function properly. The automated installation utility will install the .NET Framework if it is required.
Follow these steps to install SmarterMail:
- Download the SmarterMail installer file from the SmarterMail Downloads page.
- Run the SmarterMail installer.
- Review the End User License Agreement (EULA) and accept the terms of the EULA to continue.
- Unless you choose a different installation folder, the default installation path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail.
- After the InstallShield Wizard runs, SmarterMail is installed. You will now need to run and complete the Setup Wizard.
Running the Setup Wizard
After the InstallShield Wizard is finished installing SmarterMail, the Setup Wizard will open. The Setup Wizard will walk you through the activation of the product and help you set up the hostname, system administrator username and password, DNS servers, default file path for SmarterMail, Clam AV, spam profiles, and greylisting.
Once you have completed the Setup Wizard, you will automatically be logged in to SmarterMail as the system administrator.