SmarterMail supports importing contacts from two different types of files: vCards (VCF) and comma-separated text files (CSV). SmarterMail also supports importing from a .zip file containing any combination of these files.
Follow these steps to import contacts:
- Go to the Contacts area of your SmarterMail account.
- Click the Actions (...) button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Import.
- The Import Contacts modal will load. Here, you can select which source to import your new contacts to. (E.g., My Contacts.) You can also click on the Add Files box to open a desktop window so you can select your file(s) or you can drag your file(s) to the modal.
- Once the you've added the file(s), click the Import button.
- If any conflicts occur, you will be asked to resolve them by performing one of the actions below:
- Add Contact - This option adds a completely new contact record with the information in the vCard.
- Replace - This option replaces the contact in the box with the new one being uploaded. To examine the properties of the close match contacts, however your mouse over the magnifying glass icon in the list at the bottom of the page.
- Skip - This option skips this contact and omits the uploaded contact information.
- Once all conflicts are resolved, the process is complete.