SmarterMail allows users to mark incoming emails for follow up. This is also called adding a "Flag" to a message. This is very useful for users who wish to quickly sort out the messages that require a response or other action from those that may not require such urgency.
There are a number of different ways to add a flag to a message:
- In your list of messages, find the message you want to flag and then click on the Flag icon that is shown under the time/date and to the right of the Sender and subject lines.
- Click on the message, and in the Preview Pane, click the flag icon in the top, right corner of the message.
- Select a message, then click the Actions (...) button. In the dropdown menu, choose Flag.
Regardless of which method you use, the flag will turn red, indicating the message is marked for follow-up
Follow these steps to view all messages that are flagged for follow-up:
- Go to your Inbox, or any other folder.
- Click on the Sorting button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Flagged.
- Your messages list will re-load with your flagged messages appearing at the top of the messages list.