The Cyren Premium Antispam service can act as an additional spam check on your server and uses Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD) technology to protect against spam outbreaks in real time. Rather than evaluating the content of messages, the Cyren Detection Center analyzes large volumes of Internet traffic in real time, recognizing and protecting against new spam outbreaks the moment they emerge.
To begin using the antispam service, you'll need to
- Obtain proper licensing by purchasing the service or starting a trial, then
- Enable the Cyren Premium Antispam spam check.
Obtaining proper licensing for Cyren Premium Antispam
Cyren Premium Antispam is associated to a specific SmarterMail license key at the time of purchase and is offered as an annual subscription for licenses with active Maintenance and Support. To purchase the license add-on, get in touch with a sales representative or modify your license at the SmarterTools shopping cart. Note: After purchasing the Cyren Premium Antispam subscription, you must Reactivate SmarterMail in order to refresh your installation's license limits.
(To test the Cyren Premium Antispam service before purchasing the add-on, feel free to Activate a Free Trial for Cyren Premium Antispam.)
Enabling Cyren Premium Antispam
Follow these steps to enable the Cyren Premium Antispam spam check:
- Log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click on Antispam.
- Click on the Spam Checks tab.
- Click on the row for Cyren Premium Antispam to open the spam check's configuration options.
- Toggle the slider to the right next to Enable Spool Filtering. Adjust any spam weights as desired.
- Click Save.
- Cyren is now enabled for spool filtering.