Follow these steps to create a new user in SmarterMail:
- Log in to the SmarterMail web interface as a Domain Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Domain Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Once the Domain Settings load, click Accounts.
- When the Accounts page loads, you'll see a variety of tabs: Users, Aliases, Administrators, User Groups. To add a new user, be sure the Users tab is selected.
- Click the New button and the New User modal will appear.
- In the Username field, type the desired username.
- In the Authentication Mode field, select the appropriate authentication option from the list. NOTE: If active directory is selected, enter the domain name in the Domain field and skip to step 9.
- In the Password and Confirm Password fields, type the password for this account. Be sure to type the same password each time. You'll notice that the password requirements that were set up are displayed, and they will turn from Red to Green when your password has met the listed requirements.
- Click Save.
New users are created using the Default User template that was set up. If you want to change any of those default settings for the new user, you can do so on the User Details page that loads after you click the Save button. If you're fine with using the default settings, you're done!