SmarterMail 11.x introduces support for IPv6 while keeping the implementation of IPv6 exactly the same as IPv4. Therefore, any mail administrator who has used SmarterMail in the past and who is familiar with how to configure IP bindings will be able to easily transition their SmarterMail installations over to IPv6. Even the first-time SmarterMail administrator will find it extremely simple to add bindings for both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
- Log in to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Expand the Bindings folder in the navigation pane.
- Click Ports. A list of ports will load in the content pane. By default, ports 110, 143 and 25 are already set up. If necessary, add any alternative ports you may need SmarterMail to listen on.
- Click IP Addresses. A list of IP addresses will load in the content pane. This list will contain both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses that are available on the server.
- Select each IP address you wish to listen on and click Edit. NOTE: You can only edit one IP address at a time.
- Select the port(s) you would like the IP address to listen on and click Save.
- Your server is now set up to listen on the selected ports for the IPv6 and IPv4 addresses that are on the server.
There is also an "Outbound IPv6" setting on the Technical tab when adding or editing a domain that allows you to set which IPv6 address to send from when sending mail for a particular domain. If that is not set it will just send out on whatever is considered the primary IPv6 address on the server.
And that's it. As you can see, configuring SmarterMail for IPv6 is extremely easy.
Applies to SmarterMail 8.x - 10.x
These versions do not support IPv6.