System administrators can block an entire domain or an individual email address from delivering messages to the SmarterMail spool by using the SMTP blocked senders feature. This ability is a useful spam prevention strategy if you know a spammer is sending messages from a certain address or domain.
Follow these steps to add a domain or an email address to the SMTP blocked senders list:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Security from the menu on the left.
- Click the SMTP Blocks tab. A list of blocked addresses will load in the content pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Blocked Address field, type the domain or email address that you wish to block.
- In the Block Type field select Incoming.
- Click Save.