When creating a knowledge base article, you may find it advantageous to images or movie files to better guide your users to resolving their issue. Movies, especially, can be hugely beneficial when demonstrating how something should be done. We have designed our file manager to allow you to upload files to the server, and easily insert them into your SmarterTrack knowledge base articles.
To upload and insert files, please follow the steps below.
- First. log in to SmarterTrack as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon and in the dropdown, select Knowledge Base.
- To create a new KB article, click the New button.
- With the new knowledge base article window open, click the File Manager button in the toolbar at the top of the window.
- A new modal window will open. Select the destination folder you would like to upload to, and click the Upload button.
- From here, you can browse and select your file. Once you have selected your file, click Open.
- Once the file has been uploaded, you will see the file listed when the folder it was uploaded to is selected. Select the file and click the Insert button.
- You will be asked to fill out the following:
- Type - This is the type of file you are inserting. You can select the type from a drop down list.
- Height - This is the height you wish the image to be set to.*
- Width - This is the width you wish the image to be set to.*
- Alt Text - This is the text that will appear when the end user viewing this article hovers over the item.
- Description - This is a description of the file being inserted.
- Once these have been filled out, click Ok.
- You will see your item inserted into your knowledge base article.
For more information, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.