System Administrators can limit which type of Users have the ability to submit tickets through the customer-facing Portal. For example, if a company does not want anonymous users to submit tickets, the System Administrator can configure the ticket and/or Department settings so that only Users with the Registered Users Role can submit tickets through the Portal. To specify the Role that is required to submit tickets, the System Administrator will need to edit the ticket settings for the specific Departments that have special permissions for ticket submission via the Portal.
Setting Department-Specific Ticket Submission Requirements
By editing the ticket settings for a specific Department, specified Role requirements will apply to the selected Department only. This allows companies to have different ticket submission requirements for different Departments. For example, the Support Department's ticket settings may only allow the Registered Users With Verified Emails Role to submit tickets whereas the Sales Department allows the Anyone Role to submit tickets.
Follow these steps to specify who can submit tickets through the portal for a specific Department:
- First. log in to SmarterTrack as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon and in the dropdown, select Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Departments. All of Departments are displayed.
- Select the appropriate Department and click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click the Department name.)
- Click on the Tickets tab.
- Find the New Ticket in Portal option. To specify which User Roles can submit tickets, select the appropriate Role from the dropdown.
- Click the Save button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.