Autoresponders allow System Administrators to configure an automatic response that's sent to customers when they submit tickets to various Departments within SmarterTrack. These automated responses can be configured to include links to KB articles and additional resources that can help answer commonly asked questions. It's even possible to include new product announcements or other marketing-type material in autoresponders.
Follow these steps to configure an autoresponder for a Department's tickets:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, click Brands. Edit the brand for which autoresponders should be modified.
- Click the Autoresponders tab.
- Click New to create a new autoresponder or edit an existing autoresponder.
- The Autoresponder - Department Name modal opens. Here, it's possible add or edit the text of the autoresponder. A full HTML editor is available so autoresponders can be HTML rich.
- On the Options tab, make sure the Enable Autoresponder checkbox is activated. On this tab, you can also complete the following required fields: Max KB Search Results, KB Search Folder, and View Ticket Online Text, and Start/End Dates. (The start/end dates allow you to create an autoresponder that will be used for a department for the specified time. This is useful when creating autoresponders that reference changes in office hours, holidays or other events.)
- On the Departments, select the departments that should use this autoresponder.
- Once your changes are complete, click the Save button.
Once your text has been edited, that autoresponder will start going out for every ticket that's submitted to that specific Department.
For more information, please refer to the Departments page of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.