Autoresponders allow System Administrators to configure an automatic response that's sent to customers when they submit tickets to various Departments within SmarterTrack. These automated responses can be configured to include links to KB articles and additional resources that can help answer commonly asked questions. It's even possible to include new product announcements or other marketing-type material in autoresponders.
Follow these steps to configure an autoresponder for a Department's tickets:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon and from the dropdown, select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click Email.
- Click the Autoresponders tab.
- Select the Department that you would like to add an autoresponder to, or edit an existing autoresponder.
- The Autoresponder - Department Name modal opens. Here, it's possible add or edit the text of the autoresponder. A full HTML editor is available so autoresponders can be HTML rich.
- Mack sure to click in the Enable Autoresponder checkbox to activate the autoresponder for the Department.
- On the Options tab, complete the following required fields: Max KB Search Results, KB Search Folder, and View Ticket Online Text.
- Once your changes are complete, click the Save button.
Once your text has been edited, that autoresponder will start going out for every ticket that's submitted to that specific Department.
For more information, please refer to the Departments page of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.