Administrators can restrict Agent access to the ticket and/or live chat queue using Role permissions. For example, if the System Administrator does not want any Agents to have access to the ticket queue, they can edit the permissions for the Agent role to hide the queue. Alternatively, System Administrators can create a custom Role that hides the queue from Agents that are assigned to the Role. NOTE: For instructions on creating Roles, please see Creating Roles.
Follow these steps to hide the queue from Agents by editing the Agent Role:
- Login to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the select Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header, select Roles. All of the current Roles will display in the content pane.
- Select the Agent role and click the Edit button in the content pane toolbar. (Alternatively you can double click the Role name.)
- Click on the Options tab.
- To hide the Ticket queue, change the Ticket field to Custom. This will enable access to the Ticket tab.
- Click on the Ticket tab.
- Uncheck the View queue checkbox.
- Repeat steps 6-8 with the Live Chat field to hide the live chat queue for agents.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Making this change will remove access to the queue for EVERY Agent that is assigned the Agent Role. If you want to limit access to the queue for just a few Agents, then creating a custom Role is the better course of action. For more information regarding the distribution options, please refer to the Roles section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.