If your company uses custom fields to gather additional data on customers, administrators can require that these fields are filled out before an agent replies to or closes a ticket. For example, an administrator may have created a custom field that identifies whether the inquiry is a potential sales opportunity. To ensure agents always indicate whether a sales opportunity exists, the system administrator can make this field a requirement before the agent can reply to or close the ticket.
Follow these steps to make a custom field a required field that agents must complete before closing or replying to tickets:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click Templates. A list of current templates will load in the content pane.
- Select a template and click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click on the Template name.)
- Click the Field Definitions tab.
- Select a custom field definition and click the Edit button.
- Select the Required for agent ticket responses checkbox if the agent needs to complete this custom field before responding to Tickets.
- Select the Required for agent to close tickets checkbox if the agent needs to complete this custom field before closing.
- Click the OK button.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each required custom field.
- Once finished, click the Save button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.