Knowledge base comments can be a useful tool for companies that want to promote community on their Portal and gather feedback on the content of their articles. To eliminate spam comments, System Administrators may choose to moderate article feedback and comments prior to publishing them. If this setting is enabled, Agents and System Administrators can approve comments, review comments flagged as abusive and view blocked comments from within the knowledge base section of the Management Interface.
Moderation of article feedback can occur in one of two places: From within the management interface or right from the customer-facing Portal. That said, if Agents want to reply to feedback, that must be done from within the management interface. (Using the Portal, it's only possible to Approve or Deny feedback on articles.)
To moderate knowledge base comments from within the Management Interface, follow the steps below:
- Log in to SmarterTrack's management interface as the System Administrator.
- Click on Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Knowledge Base.
- Under the Knowledge Base header, click on Moderation in the navigation pane. A list of articles with feedback that has not been moderated will display in the content pane.
- Select the comment(s) you wish to moderate and click the Feeback tab. That article's comments will be listed.
- Select the comment you wish to moderate. Using the Actions (...) menu to the far right of the comment, select the action you wish to take on the comment. (Reply, Edit, Delete.)
- The User who left the comment will receive an email notification letting them know their comment was modified. Depending on the action taken, they can then respond as needed or get the answer to their question.
To moderate comments from the Portal, when logged in as an Agent or Manager, do the following:
- First, make sure you're logged in with Agent, Manager or System Administrator credentials.
- Check for any Alert Notifications from within the Portal. If a knowledge base article has feedback that requires moderation, an alert will be spawned in the Portal.
- Click on the Alerts dropdown and select Feedback Moderation from the list.
- The moderation queue will open, and Agents can cycle through the article(s) with feedback that requires attention.
- The article's details are listed, with a link from the Article Title directly to the article itself. At the bottom, the feedback is also listed so that it can be read by the Agent who's moderating it.
- Take the action required: Skip to the next article requiring moderation, Deny the feedback or Save and Approve the feedback. Clicking Save and Approve will move to the next article requiring moderation, if one exists.
- Once complete, if an action was taken on the feedback, the User who posted the feedback will receive an email notification letting them know that their feedback was moderated.
Learn more about SmarterTrack's self service portal and knowledge base software.