There are times when having the ability to reply to customers quickly and consistently comes in handy. For example, an issue occurs that impacts a large number of customers. In a case like this, it's important to have a consistent message that explains what's going on while staying in line with the overall message of the company. Instead of emailing something out to Employees, and asking them to repeatedly type the same response over and over, a canned reply can be created that can be used by all agents who are responsible for fielding live chats from customers.
For information on creating canned replies, see the knowledge base article: Creating Canned Replies.
Follow these steps to insert an existing canned reply into a live chat during an active chat session:
- When in a live chat, click the Actions (...) menu.
- From the dropdown menu, click Insert Canned Reply. This will load the Canned Replies modal window which lists the available canned replies you can use.
- Click on the Title of the canned reply you want and its contents will load. To insert it into your chat, simply click the Insert button. (Alternatively, you can double-click the desired canned reply and it will be pasted into your messages text box.)
- If need be, you also have the ability to edit the canned reply prior to inserting it into your live chat.
- Hit Enter to send the canned reply to the user.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.