Using the Assistance --> Instant Message option from a ticket or live chat's Actions (...) menu gives Agents the ability to seek help from a co-worker or supervisor while continuing to work on a ticket or live chat. A link to the specific ticket or live chat will be provided to the other agent, allowing for quick assistance. NOTE: Agents can only request assistance from other Agents if those Agents are also logged in to SmarterTrack.
Follow these steps to get assistance from another Agent while you are working on a ticket or live chat:
- While viewing the ticket or live chat, click the Actions (...) menu. From the dropdown, mouse over Assistance and then click Instant Message. A modal window opens.
- In the Agent dropdown, select the Agent that you want assistance from. (Both online and offline Agents are displayed: only select an Online Agent.) If need be, you can select more than one. Each Agent's name will be added to the modal window. When you're ready to type out your message, hit the OK button.
- The Instant Message window opens, and the related item -- either a ticket number or a live chat number -- is displayed at the top of your message.
- In the Message field, type your message to the agent, then hit your Enter key to send the message.
- The Agent you're seeking assistance from will receive a browser notification that a new instant message is waiting for them. They can then review your message, look at your ticket or live chat, and begin assisting you with crafting a message, solving an issue or making suggestions on how to close a sale.
- Once you're done, you can simply close the instant message window.
For more information, please refer to the Instant Messaging section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.