System Administrators can disable an Agent's ability to transfer tickets, live chats and call logs using Role permissions. This can be useful when requiring the Agent to follow a specific workflow process. This workflow process may entail disabling certain functionality for them. For example, disabling an Agent's ability to transfer tickets. Instead, ticket transfers (or live chat transfers or call log transfers, etc.) would be handled by a Manager.
Follow these steps to prevent Agents from transferring work items to another agent or group:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Roles in the navigation pane. A list of available Roles will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired Role (in this example, Agent) and click the Edit button. (Alternatively, you can double click on the Role name.)
- Click the Options tab.
- Change the Distribution field to Custom. This will enable access to the Distribution tab.
- Click the Distribution tab.
- Check the Transfer work items and Transfer work items to specific agent checkboxes to disable transferring. This means that the Agent won't be able to transfer ANY items -- tickets, chats or call logs -- to other Agents.
- Click the Save button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.