Although there are many useful implementations for SmarterTrack's Events systems, some companies may wish to disable it. Alternatively, they may want to disable it just for Agents, but leave it active for Managers and/or System Administrators. Using the Roles system in SmarterTrack, this is very easy to do. Therefore, to prevent Agents from accessing and using the Events system, the System Administrator just needs to edit the proper Role permissions.
Follow these steps to disable agent access to the Events system for Agents:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Roles in the navigation pane. A list of available Roles will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired Role (in this example, Agent) and click the Edit button. (Alternatively, you can double click on the Role name.)
- Click the Options tab.
- In the Events field, select Custom from the list. This will enable the Events tab.
- Click the Events tab.
- To disable the Role from using the Events system, uncheck the Access the events system checkbox.
- Click Save.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.