A CAPTCHA is a challenge-response test used to determine whether the user is human. By default, SmarterTrack requires portal visitors to pass a CAPTCHA when registering for new user accounts. Administrators may also configure SmarterTrack to require successful CAPTCHA completion for unverified users submitting new tickets or community threads.
The CAPTCHA requirement is an optional feature that can be used to keep spam bots from signing up for accounts and submitting false information to the portal. Although recommended, this feature can be turned off at any time by following the steps below. In addition, 2 different CAPTCHA options are available: the Built-in option or Google reCAPTCHA.
Follow these steps to disable or change the CAPTCHA requirement for account registration and ticket/thread submission:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon and, from the dropdown, select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click Security.
- Click the Portal Options tab.
- In the Captcha dropdown, select: None to disable CAPTCHA, Built-in to use the CAPTCHA option built in to SmarterTrack or Google reCAPTCHA. (Instructions on obtaining an API key for Google reCAPTCHA can be found here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/android.html. When the site key and secret key have been obtained, save them in the corresponding fields.)
- Once your choice is made, click the Save button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.