Ticket and live chat templates can be used to gather information from customers such as their product version, phone number, or email address by using custom fields. Companies running the Enterprise edition of SmarterTrack can also run reports that include information collected from ticket and live chat templates.
Follow these steps to create a ticket or live chat template:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a system administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click on Custom Fields.
- Click on the Templates tab. A list of the existing templates that are available will be displayed.
- To create a new one, click the Add button in the content pane. A pop up window will open.
- In the Display Name field, type the name of the new template. A good rule of thumb is to include the template's intended use in the Display Name, such as "Escalated Support Ticket Template".
- Use the Field Definitions tab to add existing custom field definitions to this template.
- Click Save.
For additional information on adding custom fields to templates or assigning templates to tickets or live chats, refer to the knowledge base articles Create and Use Custom Fields in Live Chat and Create and Use Custom Fields in Tickets.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.