SmarterTrack's Agent messaging features give Agents the ability to chat with each other without using third-party instant messaging software, ensuring that all communication stays internal. In addition, all communication is recorded for future reference. Agents can talk one-on-one via the internal Instant Messages feature, or groups of Agents can get together in Chat Rooms. Chat Rooms are extremely useful to gather together all Agents from a single Group, single Department or even multiple Agents from multiple different Groups and/or Departments so that ideas can be exchanged, assistance give and questions answered.
Follow these steps to create a chat room for Agent-to-Agent chats:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator, Manager or Agent.
- Click the Live Chat icon.
- Under the Workspace header, click Chat Rooms. Any existing Chat Rooms will load.
- To start a new room, click the New button in the content pane. The Chat Room modal will load.
- In the Name field, type the name of your Chat Room.
- Click the dropdown under Add Permission to add specific Groups, Departments or Roles to the room. The options you select will load at the bottom of the modal window.
- Once you're satisfied with the Chat Room setup, click the OK button and your new Chat Room is ready to go!
For more information, please refer to the Chat Rooms section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.