There are times when having the ability to reply to customers quickly and consistently comes in handy. For example, an issue occurs that impacts a large number of customers. In a case like this, it's important to have a consistent message that explains what's going on while staying in line with the overall message of the company. Instead of emailing something out to Employees, and asking them to repeatedly type the same response over and over, a canned reply can be created that can be used by all Agents, in any situation. Having that consistent message, easily and quickly accessible for Agents, means a faster response time and a higher level of customer service for your Users.
Follow these steps to create a canned reply:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator, Manager or Agent.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Canned Replies.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar. This will open a new Canned Reply window.
- In the Title field, type the name of the canned reply.
- In the Folder field, select the appropriate folder to store the canned reply. If no other folders exist, simply store the new Canned Reply in the Root folder.
- In the Assign To field, select the Agent or Department to which the Canned Reply should be assigned. Assignment is not necessary.
- Type the text of the Canned Reply. A HTML rich editor is available so Canned Replies can be as custom as you like.
- Once the Canned Reply is ready, click the Save button. Your Canned Reply is ready to use!
All other settings are optional. For more information, please refer to the Canned Replies Overview section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s email ticket system and how it will help you improve your customer service.