Agents are the Employees of a Company that are placed in various Groups within Departments to handle customer issues and requests using SmarterTrack. Agents are the ones that will manage tickets, live chats, tasks, write knowledge base articles and more. NOTE: Customers using Hosted SmarterTrack must adjust their Agent Plan at My Account before adding new agents.
Follow these steps to create an Agent in SmarterTrack:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click on the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Employees. A list of available employees will load in the content pane.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar.
- On the Options tab, complete the following required fields: Username, Authentication Method, New Password, Confirm Password, and Display Name.
- Click the Roles tab and select the Agent (employee) checkbox if it is not already selected.
- Click the Save button to save your new Agent.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 7 to add any additional Agents.
Your new Agent(s) are now created. The next step is to add them to the Groups
you want the Agents to participate in.
All other configuration settings are optional. For more information, please refer to the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.