Groups are a subset of a Department. Therefore, you can have multiple Groups for one Department. Examples of Groups might be Support Level 1, Support Escalation, and Support Management where each of these Groups are part of the Support Department, but they each represent different stages of support. Each Department requires at least one Group, known as the Front Line Group. To create a new Group, do the following:
- Login to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Groups. A list of available groups will load in the content pane.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar.
- In the Options tab select the Department that the group will belong to.
- In the Group Name field, type the name of the group.
- After the Group is named, you'll want to add Agents to the Group. To do this click on the Agents tab.
- Next, click the Add button. The Agent-Group Relationship modal opens and here you can select the Agent, assign their ticket distribution method and other settings. Click the OK button to add the Agent. Do this for all of the Agents you want added to the Group.
- Once complete, click the Save button to save the new Group.
All other configuration settings are optional. For more information, please refer to the Groups page in the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s live chat, self service portal and knowledge base software.