A Brand is the top level of the SmarterTrack help desk. For smaller companies, the brand is just another name for the company itself, so there may only be one brand in SmarterTrack. However, companies with different divisions may want to use SmarterTrack to manage all company communications, separately, for all divisions. In addition, some companies have different brands that specialize in specific products and/or clientele. SmarterTrack can accommodate all of these scenarios by allowing companies to set up separate brands without having to install multiple different instances of SmarterTrack. In addition, Agents can work with customers in each brand separately, and customers of each brand can access customized and brand-specific Web portals.
When SmarterTrack is installed, a default Brand is initially set up. For many companies, that's all that is needed. However, there may come a point in time when a second, third or fourth Brand is needed. Below we'll walk through the steps for setting up a new Brand within SmarterTrack.
There are two steps to take when creating a new Brand: 1) adding a new Brand within SmarterTrack, and 2) binding that new brand within IIS so that the new Brand has its own URL for accessing SmarterTrack's customer-facing Portal. NOTE: Utilization of Brands requires the usage of host headers in IIS. For more information on host headers in regards to Brands, refer to KB article Create Host Headers for Use with Brands.
Follow these steps to add a new Brand to SmarterTrack:
- Login to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header, click Brands. A list of the available Brands will load in the content pane.
- Click the New button in the content pane toolbar. The New Brand modal window opens.
- Enter your Brand Name and host header information.
- Click the Save button.
- Your screen will refresh and you will now have multiple tabs available to configure your brand. As you can see, setting up a new Brand is just like setting up a new company. You can customize the Portal, add new business hours, create new Community categories and more.
- Once you have configured your new Brand, click Save.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.