The portal serves as the central hub for all customer activity. Customers can use the portal to submit tickets, initiate live chats, view Knowledge Base articles and news items, communicate with other users and your Agents in the Community, and access other important information.
After completing the Setup Wizard, there are no additional actions required to set up the Portal -- by default, it's ready to use. However, if you want to make the Portal your own, you can! You may want to customize the Portal's header area, adding in important information, social media links, announce new products or services and much more. How you customize the Portal's home page is really up to you!
Follow these steps to customize your portal:
- Log into the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Under the Manage header click Brands.
- If you have multiple Brands set up, select the one whose Portal you want to customize. Click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click the Brand name to open its options in the content pane.)
- Click the Portal Options tab.
- You can now modify how the portal will display. SmarterTrack makes it easy to change base colors for headers, links and other items. However, the true power comes in the Custom CSS Styles Overrides area. Here you can fully customize the look and feel of the Portal by replacing the existing styles with your own. While this does require a good working knowledge of CSS, it is a great way to make the Portal closely match corporate branding and seamlessly integrate the Portal with an outside website.
For more information, please see the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.