NOTE: The use of external providers is an advanced SmarterTrack feature. Because external providers are designed to meet specific company needs, the development and integration of external providers requires programming knowledge.
System Administrators can use External Providers to extend the functionality of SmarterTrack. External Providers can be used for login and authentication; to verify if customers are authorized to submit tickets or initiate live chats; and other various configurations.
Follow these steps to configure an external provider:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Under the Tools header, click External Providers in the navigation pane. The external provider settings will load in the content pane.
- On the Options tab, enable the appropriate external provider: Login Provider, Registration Provider, Custom Field Provider, Ticket Provider, Live Chat Provider, User Information Provider, or Events Provider.
- When an External Provider is selected, its related tab becomes active. Depending on which you selected, click on its tab.
- In the Web Service URL field, type the URL to the Web service.
- In the Web Service Password field, type the password used to authenticate the Web service.
- Click the Save button.
For more information, refer to the External Providers section of the SmarterTrack Online Help.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.