Companies can add links to the customer-facing Portal that redirect to other websites and resources using the custom links feature of SmarterTrack. For example, a company may add a custom link to help guide customers to their webmail or to the company blog. Custom links can show up as icons on the portal, as sidebar links or even be represented with icons or custom graphics.
Follow these steps to add a custom link to the portal:
- Log into the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Manage header click Brands. A list of Brands will load in the content pane.
- Select the desired Brand and click the Edit button. (Alternatively you can double click on the Brand name.)
- Click the Custom Links tab and click the Add button.
- In the Title field, type the name of the custom link.
- In the Link URL field, type the website URL.
- To specify how the linked site will open, select the appropriate link target.
- To specify which users have access to the link, select the appropriate role from the Role Required list.
- Once configured, click the Save button.
Learn more about SmarterTrack’s helpdesk system, which includes live chat, a self service portal and knowledge base software.