In order for SmarterTrack to function for more than one agent, the product must be activated using a valid license key. In addition, if SmarterTrack is moved to another server, upgraded from a previous version, or assigned to a different database, the product will need to be reactivated. NOTE: Activation of a license key requires the server to contact SmarterTools over port 443 (HTTPS). Please ensure that any firewall or internet security software you have installed allows an outgoing TCP port 443 request. Please ensure FIPS compliant is disabled.
For new installations of SmarterTrack, you can activate your license key during the Setup Wizard.
If you were previously running the Free edition or if you are upgrading the number of agents, edition, or version, follow these steps to activate SmarterTrack:
- Log in to the SmarterTrack management interface as a System Administrator.
- Click the Menu icon, and from the dropdown select Settings.
- Under the Configuration header, click Licensing.
- Click the Activate button in the content pane toolbar.
- Type in, or paste, your license key in the field.
- Click Next.
- Type the email address and password that are associated to your SmarterTools account in the fields. NOTE: Trial keys do not require an email address or password.
Congratulations, you have activated your installation of SmarterTrack. To confirm activation, you can return to the Product Activation screen to ensure the edition, version, and license information has been updated.
Learn more about the SmarterTrack online help desk and how you can improve your overall customer service.