Before you can gather statistics for a website, you must first create the site in SmarterStats. Follow these steps to add a site in SmarterStats:
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - 11.x
- Log onto SmarterStats as the system administrator.
- Click the sites icon. A list of exiting SmarterStats sites will load in the navigation pane.
- Click New in the navigation pane toolbar. The site settings will load in a new window.
- Complete the Site Name, Site URL, Site Admin Username and Site Admin Password fields.
- All other fields are optional.
- Click the Log Analysis tab and complete the Log Location and Log File Paths fields. NOTE: In earlier versions of SmarterStats a Log Format field was also used. The log format is now auto-detected in versions 8.x and later.
- Click Save.
For more information, refer to the Adding a Site page of the SmarterStats Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.