SmarterStats Enterprise has the ability to gather logs on a remote windows server using the remote service. This will run as a standalone service on the remote server reducing the primary servers load when gathering stats. NOTE: Before installing SmarterStats Remote Service, make sure the appropriate .NET Framework is installed, based on that version's System Requirements. (Versions 11.x and newer require the 4.5 Framework.) If it is not installed, please do so before completing the steps in this KB. You can download the Web installer for .NET from the Microsoft Download Center.
Applies to SmarterStats Enterprise 6.x - Current
Installing the Service
Follow these steps to install the remote service.
- Download the Remote Service Installer from the SmarterStats Download page.
- Run the Installer.
- Follow the prompts to complete the install.
Adding the Server
Follow these steps to add the server to SmarterStats:
- Log in to SmarterStats as the system administrator.
- Click the settings icon
- Expand the Servers folder in the navigation pane
- Click Servers in the navigation pane.
- Click New in the content pane toolbar.
- Complete the Server ID, the IP address of the server, and the server name. All other settings are optional.
- Select Save.
In addition, the Web interface communicates with the remote service via port 50003. Firewalls or any other security measures that might prohibit communication from this port must have rules established to open this port.
Once the server is configured you can now create new sites that point to the newly configured server. For more information on creating sites, refer to the KB article Add a Site to SmarterStats
For more information, refer to the SmarterStats Online Help
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.