In order for SmarterStats to function for more than one site, the product must be activated using a valid license key. In addition, if SmarterStats is moved to another server the product many need to be reactivated. NOTE: Activation of a license key requires the server to contact SmarterTools over port 443 (HTTPS). Please ensure that any firewall or internet security software you have installed allows an outgoing TCP port 443 request. Please ensure FIPS compliant is disabled.
For new installations of SmarterStats, you can activate your license key during the Setup Wizard.
If you were previously running the Free edition or if you are upgrading the number of sites, edition or version, follow these steps to activate SmarterStats:
Applies to SmarterStats 6.x - 11.x
- Log in as the system administrator.
- Click the settings icon.
- Expand the Activation folder in the navigation pane.
- Click Licensing. Licensing information for your installation will load in the content pane.
- Click Activate in the content pane toolbar.
- Type the license key in the License Key field.
- Click Next.
- Type the email address and password associated with your SmarterTools account in the appropriate fields.
- Click OK.
Congratulations, you have activated your installation of SmarterStats. To confirm activation, you can return to the licensing screen to ensure the edition, version, and license information has been updated.
For more information on activating SmarterStats, please refer to the SmarterStats Online Help.
Learn more about SmarterStats, one of the best Google Analytics alternatives.