Thank you for the clarification Matt. The question and concern I have now, how does this affect our licensing? We have a current support subscription until July of 2019 and we also have licensing for ActiveSync.
When I checked the version information for the newest version ( I guess V17 or whatever the name of it is now), it mentions that you must have it installed on a Windows 2012 R2 server:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit or higher - SmarterMail uses web sockets, which are not supported in IIS 7.5 or earlier.
- Microsoft .NET 4.7 Framework
We have no immediate plans currently spec'd for a Server OS upgrade from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 at the moment. So from what I am gathering from the OS requirements any newer version of SM is out of the question for us until a server upgrade is on the schedule.
So the concerns I have are as follows:
1. How does this affect our current licensing if we don't upgrade?
2. Barring any major issues, which at this point have calmed down, can we still submit a support ticket to get a resolution?
3. Subscription pricing, (and maybe this is something the needs to be discussed through email rather than on a forum post) do we continue with the support subscription even though we are not going to upgrade? And how does this affect our Active Sync licensing?
Let me know and if need be you could have someone reach out to me via email or phone to discuss.